What do I need to do for attendance if I keep my student home?

Posted by:

When a student is absent from school, the student—upon arrival or return to school—must bring a note signed by the parent that describes the reason for the absence. A note signed by the student, even with the parent’s permission, will not be accepted unless the student is 18 or older or is an emancipated minor under state law. An email from the parent may be accepted, but the district reserves the right to require a written note.