Can my student go to school if a member of their household tests positive for COVID?
If the individual resides with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19, CDC guidelines recommend the following:
- It is recommended the individual quarantine for at least 5 days after the date of last contact; quarantine may be discontinued after 5 days if the individual remains without sypmptoms and tests negative.
- The individual should closely monitor for symptoms consistent with COVID-19 for 10 days after the date of last contact.
- It is recommended for all individuals who have been in close contact to continue to wear a well-fitted mask when around others at home and in public until 10 days after their last close contact with someone with COVID-19.
- INDIVIDUALS WHO ARE FULLY VACCINATED OR WHO HAVE TESTED POSITIVE FOR COVID-19 IN THE LAST 90 DAYS AND ARE FULLY RECOVERED, DO NOT NEED TO QUARANTINE AFTER EXPOSURE.
- The decision to quarantine due to exposure will be at the discretion of the parent.