If I disagree with the school's evaluation, will they pay for an outside independent evaluation?

Posted by:

Under Section 504 schools are not required to pay for an outside independent evaluation. If a parent disagrees with the school’s evaluation decision, they may submit a written request to have the decision reviewed by the District 504 Coordinator, request a due process hearing or file a complaint with the Office of Civil Rights. (See the Notice of Rights for Disabled Students and their Parents Under Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973).