Who can refer a child for consideration for Section 504

Posted by:

Anyone, such as parents, teachers or a doctor can refer a child for 504 evaluation. However, as stated in an OCR staff memorandum, “the school district must also have reason to believe that the child is in need of services under Section 504 due to a disability.” (OCR Memorandum, April 29, 1993).