What do I do if I suspect my child has a disability?

Posted by:

First, discuss your concerns with your child’s teacher(s). The teacher will be able to discuss your child's learning and help you determine if they are making appropriate progress or if intervention strategies might be appropriate for your child. If you continue to be concerned about your child’s progress, contact your child’s counselor. Be sure to communicate with the school if your child has a physical or mental impairment.