The Federal Grants department oversees federal grant awards, competitive grant awards and state compensatory funds. The main focus of the Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA) Consolidated Grant is to work with at-risk students who need additional assistance in passing the state assessments. Additionally, this department oversees compliance in the spending of federal and state allotment funds.
Federal Title Funding
Federal Title funding supports:
- Parent involvement to increase communication with parents regarding services available to students who are struggling; teachers demonstrate ways parents can help kids at home. Together, parents and teachers work as a team to help kids be successful students.
- Instructional coaches for teachers who provide support to students who are struggling and additional teaching strategies to grade level teachers, teacher training, as well as supplies and materials. Instructional coaches are used for regular and dual language classrooms. Supplemental professional development for teachers and administrators is a focus for Title funded campuses.
- Additional support by providing an instructional aide to prepare and monitor materials for classroom instruction by the content teacher and to work with students in small groups. Supplemental supplies for the classroom and testing materials are also paid for with Title funds.
Response to Intervention (RtI)
RtI is the practice of meeting the academic and behavioral needs of all students through a problem-solving process with three key elements:
- High quality instruction and research-based, tiered interventions aligned with individual student needs.
- Frequent monitoring of student progress to enable results-based academic and/or behavioral decisions.
- Use of student-response data in making important education decisions (such as those regarding placement, intervention, curriculum, and instructional goals and methodologies).
Supplemental professional development for teachers and administrators is a focus for Title funded campuses.
Additional Federal Grants
- RESTART Grant
- Texas Education for Homeless Children (TEHCY)
- SERV Grant
- Dyslexia Grant (Shared Service Arrangement)