2018-2019 Enrollment & Registration
New Student Online Registration will open July 25, 2018, for parents/guardians to begin the required online application process.
Students who are new to New Caney ISD, or are returning to New Caney ISD from another school district, will use the New Student Online Registration process prior to going to the campus.
Please note, if your child is currently enrolled in a New Caney ISD campus, you will not use the New Student Online Registration process.
NEW STUDENT ONLINE REGISTRATION PROCESS
1. Complete the New Student Online Application, registration, and forms, in its entirety.
2. Attend one of the days listed below, and bring all required documentation to the campus.
Tuesday, July 31, 2018 – 11:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.
Wednesday, August 1, 2018 – 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
All children 5 years of age, or under 21 years of age, on the first day of September of a scholastic year and whose parents or legal guardians are residents of the New Caney Independent School District, will be admitted.
Pre-Kindergarten: A child must be 4 years of age ON OR BEFORE September 1st of the current school year and meet one or more of the eligibility requirements listed below.
- is unable to speak or comprehend the English Language; or
- is Educationally Disadvantaged, which means a student is eligible to participate in the national free or reduced-price lunch program; or
- is homeless, as defined by 42 U.S.C Section 1143a; or
- is the child of an active duty member of the armed forces of the United States; or
- is the child of a member of the armed forces of the United States who was injured or killed while serving on active duty; or
- is or ever has been in the conservatorship of the Department of Family and Protective Services (foster care) following an adversary hearing held as provided by Section 262.201, Family Code; or
- is the child of a person eligible for the Star of Texas Award: a peace officer under Section 3106.002, Government Code; a firefighter under section 3106.003, Government Code; or an emergency medical first responder under Section 3106.004, Government Code
Kindergarten: A child must be 5 years of age ON OR BEFORE September 1st of the current school year.
Please bring the following documents along with the child you are enrolling:
- Certified Copy/Official Birth Certificate (see information below)
- Social Security Card
- Custody or guardianship documents relating to student
- Proof of residency (utility bill or lease agreement showing physical address of parent)
- Immunization/shot records - Click here for immunization requirements
- Most recent report card or grade transcript
- Valid photo identification of parent/guardian
Any person born in the State of Texas may obtain a Certified Copy of their Birth Certificate from the County Clerk's office at the East Montgomery County Courthouse Annex in New Caney. Cost of the certificate is $23.00, cash or check only. You may also request a Certified Copy online through Texas.gov Vital Records Application for $22.00. If you order a Certified Copy online, please allow 20-25 business days to process prior to shipment.
East Montgomery County Clerk’s office
Texas.Gov Vital Records Application