School Safety & Security
Maintaining a safe and secure learning environment is a top priority for New Caney ISD. Our commitment to school safety is not new but something we work on consistently; studying, planning, and evaluating our procedures for incident prevention and response.
A few of the things the District actively does to facilitate school safety are:
- Strive to create a culture of safety and security in our schools through the implementation and testing of a multi-hazard emergency operations plan
- Maintain coordination and cooperation with county law enforcement and emergency management agencies
- Maintain a highly qualified school district police department staffed with advanced or master level peace officers; and continual rapid response training for crisis situations
- Maintain sophisticated surveillance technology and controlled building access procedures
- All campuses have metal detecting wands for random checks or as needed for specific purposes
- Conduct regular crisis and safety management drills with students and staff in schools; and annually conduct staff training in bullying prevention, mental health awareness, child abuse awareness and prevention, and suicide awareness and prevention
- Deploy buses with the latest safety communications equipment
- Conduct grade level meetings with students regarding safety, conduct, and responsibility; including a recent visit with students by Montgomery County Juvenile Prosecutor Marc Brumberger
- Implement character development programs like our POWER (Positive Outreach While Empowering Responsibility) program at the middle school level
- Promote and encourage use of our Safe Schools Reporting program and Crime Stoppers program
New Caney ISD is committed to safety and security in our schools so that students have the best environment for learning. New Caney ISD encourages students, staff, and the public to report any concerns regarding school safety to school administration. Reports can be made directly to school officials or through the district’s Safe School Reporting program available on all school websites. The District takes all incidents seriously in order to ensure the safety of our students and staff.