Welcome to the Eagle Career & Guidance CenterWe are excited about the 2017-2018 school year and look forward to collaborating with all parents, students, administrators, and staff to make this year an eventful journey for all New Caney High School students.
The school counseling program, when fully implemented, will provide:
- Opportunities for students to receive counseling and guidance in the academic, career, and personal areas
- Assistance for students to become responsible adults who can develop realistic and fulfilling life plans based on clear understanding of themselves and their needs, interests, and skills
- Support for students to develop positive character traits and skills to become productive citizens
We at New Caney High School also believe:
- Accountability by using data to drive program development and evaluation
- All children are unique and should be treated with respect and dignity.
- Every student can succeed.
- Learning is a lifelong process.
- Fostering a positive self-image is the collaborative effort of the school, home, and community which leads to responsible and productive citizenship.
We are here to serve you in the following ways:
- The diverse needs of all students must be addressed through the guidance and counseling program.
- College/career counseling
- Information regarding high school graduation plans, course selections, etc.
- Personal issues (problems at home and/or school)
- Referrals for one-on-one/group counseling to outside programs/organizations
- Information about local resources for basic needs (food, shelter, clothing, etc.)
- Referrals for special programs (Special Education, 504, Gifted/Talented, etc.)