NHS Activity for December 2019:
- “Blue Santa” PHS Police Explorers Stocking Donations – December 12th
NHS Activity for November 2019:
- Honor Heroes Week – November 11th – 14th
- Bringing in Army Veteran as Speaker for School on November 13th
- Infinity’s Got Talent (Talent Show) – November 14th
NHS Activity for October 2019:
- Trunk or Treat – October 31st
- Auditions for the Annual Talent Show
NHS Activity for September 2019:
- Weekly tutorials started
What is NHS?
The purpose of our chapter, as stated in our bylaws, shall be to create an enthusiasm for scholarship, to stimulate a desire to render service, to promote worthy leadership, and to encourage the development of character in students of Infinity Early College High School.
According to the official NHS website, “Today, it is estimated that more than one million students participate in NHS activities. NHS chapters are found in all 50 states, US Territories, Canada, and around the world. Chapter membership not only recognizes students for their accomplishments but challenges them to develop further through active involvement in school activities and community service… As such, NHS chapters and students are in schools that care not only about student achievement, but also community engagement.”
Who is eligible for NHS?
Membership in the National Honor Society is not a right, but a privilege. Membership in this chapter is an honor bestowed upon deserving students by the Faculty Council and shall be based on the criteria of scholarship, service, leadership, and character.
- Candidates eligible for election to this chapter must be members of the sophomore or junior class.
- To be eligible for selection to membership in this chapter, the candidate must have been in attendance for a period of one semester at Infinity ECHS.
- Candidates eligible for selection to the chapter shall have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.7 or higher on a 4.0 scale. This scholastic level of achievement shall remain fixed, and shall be the required minimum level of scholastic achievement for admission to candidacy. All students who can rise in scholarship to or above such standard may be admitted to candidacy for selection to membership.
What do NHS members do?
Each member shall have the responsibility of performing twenty (20) hours of individual community service, in no more than eight Adviser-approved projects, that reflects his or her particular talents and interest. Ten hours are due by the end of first semester and ten are due before the end of the second semester. NHS members also act as peer teachers in the school community.
Selected Community Projects for the Year:
- NHS Monday Tutoring
- Trunk or Treat Participant
- Honor Heroes Week
- Infinity’s Got Talent Sponsor
- Operation Carnation for Valentine’s Day
When does NHS meet?
Mondays 8:30 - 9:25 AM
2019 - 2020 Initiative
NHS offers weekly tutorials for struggling students at Infinity. This allows our upperclassmen a chance for mentorship and guidance with the underclassmen.
Do you need help? Come join us!
Mondays 7:30 – 8:25 AM (Moving to WEDNESDAYS at Semester II)