New Caney Independent School District encompasses 86.48 square miles, located approximately 25 miles northeast of downtown Houston in Montgomery County. Originally organized as a common school district in 1938, voters approved a proposition to convert to an independent school district on January 12, 1957.
New Caney ISD is among the fastest growing school district in Texas. Enrollment has doubled in the last 15 years to more than 15,000 students and 19 campuses.
New Caney ISD believes there is a set of skills, knowledge, and attitudes essential for a purposeful and productive life. The school district and community have committed to designing modern learning environments in high quality facilities, providing students with a wide range of opportunities for college and career exploration, and hiring the best teachers in Texas so that graduates will be equipped to thrive in the REALITY of their future. If you are looking for a great community in which to raise your family and where your children can receive a superior education, we invite you to choose New Caney ISD.
- 19 schools including two comprehensive high schools and one early college high school
- Opened 11th elementary school in August 2018
- Texas Fast Growth school district, #1 in Houston area and #4 in Texas (2011-2017)
- 5-year enrollment growth = 31%
- 157% enrollment growth over last 20 years
- Demographic Studies: 2015, 2016, 2019
- 9 facilities & 6,500 seats added between 2012-2018
- Voters approved bond measure in May 2018 to build district’s third comprehensive high school, replace two schools, expand existing school
- 1:Vision program provides Chromebooks to students K-12
- Leading Career & Technical Education program, extensive professional certification opportunities
- Elementary two-way dual language program
- Extensive dual credit, college credit programs including Infinity Early College High School
- Superior rating under the Financial Integrity Rating System of Texas
- YouTube Channel