Phone: ext. 5774
Degrees and Certifications:
Degree: Bachelor's of Science, Sam Houston Certifications: Elementary 1-8 Reading 1-8 ESL EC EC-12 Technology Application EC-12 Technology Education EC-12
8:15-9:45 1st Period Graphic Design
9:50-11:20 2nd Period Conference
11:25-1:25 3rd Period Graphic Design 2/Practicum Graphic Design
1:30-2:15 4th Period Principals of Art/AV & Communication
2:20-3:50 5th Period Principals of Art/AV & Communication
8:15-9:45 6th Period Graphic Design
9:50-11:20 7th Period Conference
11:25-1:25 8th Period Graphic Design 2/Practicum Graphic Design
1:30-2:15 9th Period Principals of Art/AV & Communication
2:20-3:50 10th Period Graphic Design
Porter High School is a proud charter of The National Technical Honor Society.
The mission of the National Technical Honor Society is to honor student achievement and leadership, promote educational excellence, and enhance career opportunities for the NTHS membership.
Porter High School became a recognized National Technical Honor Society chapter in 2013. It is among 3,700 charter schools and colleges with more than 50,000 students enrolled in vocational and technical education each year.
To be inducted into The National Technical Honor Society, students are required to meet strict criteria and membership is by invitation only. Students must:
1) Have a current GPA of 3.5
2) 90% or above attendance record.
3) Complete a minimum of 1 out of 4 class terms in a career and technical field.
4) Submit one teacher recommendation using the NTHS Teacher recommendation form.
5) Demonstrate critical workplace values, honesty, technical skills, teamwork, loyalty, initiative, leadership and commitment to personal and professional excellence.
Once inducted, members are required to maintain the above criteria in addition to:
1) Participate in National Technical Honor Society events. (Events are set by the NTHS Officers such as community service, fundraising, or service learning projects.)
2) Attend monthly meetings. A schedule of dates will be put on the website.
*Members can be dropped from the National Technical Honor Society if a GPA of 3.5 or higher is not maintained and attendance criteria are not met.
Member Benefits include
- NTHS Scholarship Opportunities
- Letters of Recommendation
- Membership Recognition including a certificate of achievement, official NTHS diploma seal, membership pin, membership card, graduation tassel and window decal
- Important career and professional recognition by education business and industry
- Online career center access with resume tools and job connections
- Recruitment opportunities to top US Colleges and Corporations
- Member discounts for GEICO, STEM Premier and more.
For additional information, contact Nelda Taylor at firstname.lastname@example.org, Porter High School’s National Technical Honor Society Advisor.Congratulations to all inductees into the National Technical Honor Society!
Baath, Jashanjeet Bloom, Rachel Busby, Sydney Castro, Hugo Dedow, Tessa Del Real, Jesus Dickey, Trenton Espino, Cindy Flores, Paola Gonzalez, Ayleen Grasty, Britton Lopez, Jason Qin, PeiSen Reyes, Juan Robinson, Mason Rodriguez, Angela Soto, Cristal Taylor, Andrew Taylor, Hannah
National Technical Honor Society: https://www.nths.org/