Classroom Observation Requirements
We are glad that you are interested in observing the wonderful things happening in our New Caney ISD Classrooms! NCISD allows individuals to fulfill university or teacher preparation program requirements by observing current NCISD teachers as they interact with students in the classroom.
You must obtain PRIOR approval from the campus where you wish to observe. Below are the steps you must take to begin observation hours in our district:
- Submit a letter from your university or teacher preparation program to the campus principal or designee (often an assistant principal will be your point of contact for observations on campus) that details all requirements for your observation experience. You may submit this letter via email or in person.
- Attached to your letter, please include the grade level and/or subjects that you would like to observe. Also, note the days of the week and times of the day that you are available.
- A campus administrator will contact you at a later date with a schedule and start date.
- Upon arrival, please check-in at the front office with a Valid I.D. and check-out in the office at your departure.
- Please do not arrive on campus to observe without completing the process above.
- Remember that when you are on campus, you are there to observe the student/teacher interaction and delivery of instruction. You should in no way disrupt the learning process or campus procedures.
- Demonstrate professional behavior at all times.
- Wear professional attire at all times.