Canvas Parent Portal Access
NCISD parents/guardians have the option to create a Canvas Parent account to connect to their student's courses in Canvas. The Canvas Parent Portal can be accessed via a web browser or Android/iOS app. The web portal uses the same Canvas URL that students use to access their courses. Please click on the links below for the web portal or to be redirected to the app store to download the Canvas Parent App.
How to Set Up Canvas Parent Account
- It is recommended that you set up your account using the Canvas Parent Portal Web Access, then download and log into the mobile app.
- If you are a district employee, use a personal email address to create your parent account.
- Before creating an account your student must generate a pairing code that will be used when you create your Canvas Parent account.
- Once you create an account, you may use the same credentials to log into both the Canvas Parent Portal Web Access and Mobile Apps.
- After creating an account, set up your notification preferences from the web portal.
- Pairing codes will only work on newcaneyisd.instructure.com, they will not work on the generic Canvas site.
- Click here to view video directions.
Generate Student Pairing Codes
Pairing codes are generated inside of a student's Canvas account. Teachers can also generate pairing codes if needed. Please click on this link to access directions for how a student generates a pairing code, or click here to watch a short 30 second video tutorial.
Create Account & Pair With Students
- Directions for creating an account using the Canvas Parent Portal Web Access (recommended method for account creation)
- Pairing codes will only work on newcaneyisd.instructure.com, they will not work on the generic Canvas site
- Directions for how to create an account in the Canvas Parent App using an Android device
- Directions for how to create an account in the Canvas Parent App using an iOS device
- Directions for how to link to more than one student
- Guia del Observador de Canvas
Canvas Parent App Vs. Canvas Web Portal Access Features
The Canvas Parent App allows you to quickly toggle between students, set alerts for missing assignments and scores in specified range, view calendars, and view assignment grades and submission statuses. The Canvas Web Portal Access allows you to view more details, including course content.
Forgot Parent Portal Password
Account usernames and passwords are created by parents/guardians. If you have forgotten your password, or need to reset your password, please click on the forgot password link on the Canvas Parent Portal sign in page.
Canvas Parent Resources
Please click Canvs Parent Resources to gain more information about using the Canvas Observer accout.