Porter High School-Physical Education Department
Guidelines and Expectations
Required Course – Two Semesters
- Course Description:
Students will acquire knowledge and skills as well as good sportsmanship while participating in the following classes:
- Course Goals:
- Students will acquire knowledge and skills related to each individual course.
- To develop and reinforce the incorporation of physical activities into a life style beyond high school.
- Instructional Philosophy:
- Students will be expected to attend class every day.
- Students will be expected to be on time to class each day.
- Every student will be expected to dress out and participate daily in activities that require them to interact with each other, implementing good sportsmanship.
- Basic skills will be reviewed and performed in team/individual activities.
- Rules will be discussed and implemented for appropriate activity.
- Appropriate hygiene will be expected from all students.
- Course Outline:
- Each unit will last approximately 2-3 weeks.
- Written tests will be administered for each sport/activity covered.
- 60% test grades / 40% daily grades
- There will be a daily grade. This grade will be determined by dressing out and participation.
- Dressing out - 50 points
- Participation - 50 points (Students will be required to participate daily to the best of their ability)
- Inappropriate dress will result in deduction of points
- Tests - Skills test or a written test
- Grades will be averaged together for a final grade
- Three days of not dressing during a 9-week grading period will be a referral.
- Make-up Policy:
- If you are absent on the day of a written test, you will take the test on the next available day.
- It is the student’s responsibility to make arrangements for test make-up.
- Tutoring Time:
Contact your instructor for tutoring time.
- Gym Guidelines:
- All school rules and policies addressed in the student handbook will be enforced.
- Dressing out is mandatory. If you are sick, you are still required to dress out.
- If you are sick, a parent note will be accepted for two days, after which you will need a doctor’s note.
- Food, drinks, candy, and gum are not allowed.
- Be prepared. Always bring your PE clothes to class. Lockers and showers will be provided.
- Students are required to have student ID's in their possession.
- Students are required to wear black shorts and either a red or white tee shirt.
- Socks and tennis shoes
- Towel for showers (with name optional)
Make your life a healthy one!
Girls' coaches: Coach Bell E-mail: email@example.com
Coach Mosser E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
PE Office phone: 281-577-5900 (ext.5726)
Boys' Coaches: Coach Ralph E-mail: email@example.com
Coach McDougald E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Partners’ PE Coach Bloom E-mail: email@example.com
Coach Krukiel Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
I have read and understand the Porter High School Physical Education Dept. Guidelines and Expectations.
Student Name (Printed) __________________________________________________
Student Signature _______________________________________________________
PHYS ED TEACHER_____________________________________________________