New Caney ISD has workers’ compensation insurance coverage through the TASB Risk Management Fund to protect you in case of a work-related injury or illness.
Claim and Medical Billing:
P.O. Box 2010,
Austin, TX 78768
- To report an injury please go to the TASB Risk Management Fund website.
- You must receive treatment from an alliance network medical provider. If you do not, you may be responsible for all medical charges. Personal medical insurers may deny your claim.
- If the injury is an emergency or life threatening, call 911 for transport to the nearest hospital emergency room.
What to do when needing medical attention for a workers’ compensation claim:
- If you have not already seen a school nurse, please do so as soon as possible! If you are not located at a specific campus, then please go to the nearest campus.
- You must see a doctor who is an Alliance Provider. For a full list of providers, you can visit the workers' compensation alliance provider list.
- If you have restrictions listed: After every doctor's appointment you must meet with Marsha Stuard (ext. 2120) located at the Central Office and provide a copy of the 73 form that the doctor would have given you at your appointment.
- You must continue to follow your department’s procedures for calling in to report any absences. If you are unsure as to what your department’s procedures are, please contact your supervisor.
- If at any time you wish to change your election on the Use of Leave form, contact Marsha Stuard to sign a new form. Changes will not go into effect until the new form is signed and received. (Use of leave form, en español)
- If you have any questions regarding the specifics of your claim, contact your adjuster with the TASB Risk Management Fund at 800-482-7276.
- If, at any time, you stop receiving payroll checks from the District, please contact Ronda Verron regarding those premium payments.