We ask that you do not eat with your child the first week of school. It is important that your child adjusts to school rules and has a chance to make new friends. The first week will also allow time for staff to learn student names and schedules. We will open the cafeteria for visitors starting our second week of school. The campus will be closed to visitors on certain dates due to events like state testing.
- Visitors wishing to eat breakfast or lunch with their student may do so according to the grade level lunch schedule.
- Only those listed in Skyward under family and emergency contacts will be allowed to have lunch with a student. The guardian may come to the school and add additional contacts or they may update who is on this approved list by accessing Skyward Family Access.
- Please remember that all visitors on campus are required to present a photo identification so that they may be scanned into the Raptor system.
- Because visitor tables/space is limited, we ask that you enter and leave according to these times.
- We can only allow visitors to eat with their student in the visitor’s seating area. Other children may not join you at this time.
- Visitors may not stop by teacher classrooms on their way out of the building.
- It is our goal to adhere to the Food and Nutrition Policies established by the Texas Department of Agriculture for the safety of all students within the school. The policy does not restrict what parents may provide for their own child’s lunch or snacks. Parents may provide outside meals (McDonalds, Burger King, Sonic, etc.) and snacks for their own child’s consumption, but may not provide items to other students. Due to TDA regulations, parents are not allowed to consume meal components from a child’s tray. A parent must either purchase a meal at the school, bring in an outside meal for themselves or not eat.