Pre-Kindergarten & Kindergarten
NCISD offers half day Pre-Kindergarten classes to support the development of early literacy. Eligible children must be four years old on or before September 1 of the current school year and meet one or more of the following qualifications:
- Unable to speak and comprehend English
- Qualify for free or reduced lunches
- Classified as homeless
- Is a dependent child of an active duty member of the US Armed Forces
- Is a dependent child of a US Armed Forces member injured or killed while serving on active duty
- Is or ever has been in the conservatorship of the Department of Family and Protective services following an adversary hearing
NCISD offers full day Kindergarten classes for all children who are five years old on or before September 1 of the current school year. Kindergarten is one of the most important years your child spends in school. He or she will learn the skills that form the foundation for all later learning. Skills such as numbers, understanding words, recognizing letters, solving problems, following directions and getting along well with other children are the basis for future school success.
Registration Dates: Registration for the 2018-2019 school year is closed. Registration dates for the 2019-2020 school year will be posted as soon as they are available.