- First day of practice - Wednesday Aug. 15th.
- Practice time 6:15am Monday through Friday (no practice on meet days)
Morning Practice ONLY
- Starts at 6:30 a.m.
- Arrive at school in appropriate athletic clothes ready to workout. You will not enter the locker room until after the workout.
- We will meet at Don Ford Stadium.
Questions? Contact Coach Ramos- email@example.com
- Remind App the class name is PVMS Cross Country and the class code is @ValleyMiles
What is Cross Country?
- Long distance competitive running, training & racing (2 miles or more)
- Competitive races
- Trails, woods, flat, hilly, grassy, sandy, muddy
- Junior High race distance = 2 miles
- Every course is different.
- Training is very physically demanding.
- Requires strong courage, commitment, discipline & dedication
- If you finish in 10th place, this would give your team 10 points.
- The team with the lowest point total wins.
- Every runner is important.
- 5 + runners make up a team
- 1st 5 runners earn points for the team based on the place they finish.
- 6th and 7th runners are also counted & used for tie breakers or replacements in case of injury during the race.