The Campus Technicians provide first-level support to the students and staff at their assigned locations. Whether checking out Chromebooks to students, troubleshooting and repairing staff laptops, helping Network Systems track down a connection issue, or simply teaching someone a quick shortcut on their device, the Technicians are an essential part of the team.
During the height of Covid, the department reached far beyond the boundaries of classroom walls and was able to distribute Chromebooks to every elementary student as well as manned the Help Desk phone line for remote assistance.
The Campus Technicians are responsible for installing, repairing, and maintaining all Chromebooks, PC computers, laptops, desktops, technology peripherals, projectors, Cleartouches, sound systems, printers, and so much more. The technician team is made of technology specialists that are dedicated to providing the high level of support needed to create and maintain a powerful, digital learning environment.
Our team's goals are to:
- Provide dedicated hardware and software support to all NCISD staff and students. Provide first level support and training to New Caney ISD students and staff
- Manage the Technology Help Desk Phone Line
- Expedite and ensure technology problem resolution
- Escalate customer issues to management.
- Perform preventative maintenance to reduce technology downtime and avoid interruptions of instructional time.
- Schedule and complete service requests in an efficient and timely manner, updating the requester on the status of each request.
- Collaborate across all departments to provide the best opportunities for student learning, all while supporting teachers and staff members in their roles as educators.
- Create work orders when needed.