The Learning Center is a disciplinary facility and, as such, enforces a dress code based on very plain colors. Administrative decisions are final on dress code issues. Parents are responsible for seeing that their children are in uniform every day. Students who are not dressed properly will be removed from class in order to correct the problem. Chronic dress code violators will be referred to the principal for further disciplinary action.
- Tops must be a white, collared, size appropriate shirt (polo or button down) tucked into pants. Students may add a plain white, size-appropriate sweatshirt over the collared shirt. No oversized or baggy shirts. No tightly fitted shirts. Shirts, pants or sweatshirts may not have any writing.
- Students must wear khaki colored dress slacks/uniform pants in the appropriate size (only one pair of pants may be worn). Shorts may NOT be worn underneath. No oversized or baggy pants. No low-rise, skinny jeans or fitted-leg pants. Pants must have pocket liners (front and back). No “sagging” is permitted.
Shoes and Accessories
- A plain brown, black or tan belt is required with no ornamental objects, holes or designs. No large buckles.
- Shoes must have a hard sole with a closed toe and back. Tennis shoes, dress shoes or boots only. Shoes must remain tied and Velcro straps must remain secured across the shoe and not unstrapped.
- Appropriate undergarments must be worn and may not be visible. No other clothing may be worn under the uniform.
- Sunglasses and head coverings are not permitted to be worn or brought.
- No jewelry, rosaries, or wristwatches may be worn or brought to school.
- No purses, backpacks or wallets are permitted.
- Jackets must be put in a closet upon arrival at school.
- All makeup must be kept to a minimum. Natural make-up only (no dark or bright lipstick). Only clear nail polish may be worn. No artificial/acrylic nails or false eyelashes are allowed.
- All students should follow good grooming habits and be neat and clean.
- Male students must be clean-shaven every day. “Carvings” into haircuts or notches in eyebrows are not permitted.
- All tattoos must be covered at all times.
- Hairstyle and color must be reasonable (no two tone or excessive highlights) and not cause undue attention. No “fauxhawks” or spiked hair permitted. No tails on the back of male’s hair. Females must wear their hair straight down, in a bun, or in a ponytail.
- Students are not allowed to bring more than $20.00 to TLC.
- No electronic devices are allowed to be brought into TLC. Any electronic devices brought will be retained until the end of the students’ placement and returned to a parent or guardian only.