The Learning Center is a disciplinary facility and as such enforces a dress code based on very plain colors.
- Khaki color dress slacks/uniform pants in the appropriate size (only one pair of pants may be worn). Shorts may NOT be worn underneath. No oversized or baggy pants. No low-rise, skinny jeans or fitted-leg pants. Pants must have pocket liners (front and back). No “sagging” is permitted.
- A plain brown, black or tan belt is required with no ornamental objects, holes or designs. No large buckles.
- A white, collared, size appropriate shirt (polo or button down) tucked into pants. Students may add a plain white, size-appropriate sweatshirt over the collared shirt. No oversized or baggy shirts. No tightly fitted shirts. Shirts, pants or sweatshirts may not have any writing.
- Shoes must have a hard sole with a closed toe and back. Tennis shoes, dress shoes or boots only. Shoes must remain tied and Velcro straps must remain secured across the shoe and not unstrapped.
- All makeup must be kept to a minimum. Natural make-up only (no dark or bright lipstick). Only clear nail polish may be worn. No artificial/acrylic nails or false eyelashes are allowed.
- All students should follow good grooming habits and be neat and clean.
- Appropriate undergarments must be worn and may not be visible. No other clothing may be worn under the uniform.
- Male students must be clean-shaven every day. “Carvings” into haircuts or notches in eyebrows are not permitted.
- Sunglasses and head coverings are not permitted to be worn or brought.
- All tattoos must be covered at all times.
- No jewelry, rosary or wristwatches may be worn or brought to school.
- No purses, backpacks or wallets are permitted.
- Hairstyle and color (no two tone or excessive highlights) must be reasonable and not cause undue attention. No “fauxhawks” or spiked hair permitted. No tails on the back of male’s hair. Females must wear their hair straight down, in a bun or in a ponytail.
- Jackets must be put in closet upon arrival at school.
- Students are not allowed to bring more than $20.00 to TLC.
- No electronic devices are allowed to be brought into TLC. Any electronic devices brought will be retained until the end of the students’ placement and returned to a parent or guardian only.
Administrative decisions are final on dress code issues. Parents are responsible for seeing that their children are in uniform every day. Students who are not dressed properly will be removed from class in order to correct the problem. Chronic dress code violators will be referred to the principal for further disciplinary action.