Join New Caney ISD and Support Camp Hope
Join New Caney ISD, along with Gringo's Tex-Mex, for the Battle Line on 59, Oct. 9, at Randall Reed Stadium. Show support for Camp Hope of Houston and the PTSD Foundation of America. Camp Hope's mission is to bring help and healing to Veterans and family members dealing with Post Traumatic Stress Disorder.
How can you help?
- Donate right now directly to the PTSD Foundation of America using the link below.
- Learn more about PTSD by visiting the PTSD Foundation of America.
Your support helps Camp Hope provide Veterans with coping skills, leadership development, counseling, support groups, job placement, family member support groups, interim housing, combat trauma mentors and much more. For more information about Camp Hope, visit Camp Hope - Houston or follow them on Facebook and Twitter.
- One in three returning troops are being diagnosed with PTSD.
- PTSD and depression are the most common mental health problems facing troops today.
- On average, five active-duty troops attempt suicide each day.
- It is estimated that over 20 Veterans take their own lives each day.
- About 30% of service members who spent time in war zones experience PTSD.
- Approximately 20% of Veterans of the Iraq and Afghanistan wars have been diagnosed with PTSD.
- Houston has the second largest Veterans community in the U.S.
Can't make it to the game? ABC 13 and Texan Live are teaming up to livestream the Battle Line on 59 as one of this week's "Games of the Week."