Your Counselor Believes
- Children are special.
- Children deserve dignity.
- Children learn best when they feel safe.
- Children must be taught how to think, not what to think.
- Children are capable of making responsible choices.
- Childhood habits & attitudes formed during elementary school often stick.
- Children who understand their feelings are better able to control their behavior.
- "Educating the mind without educating the heart is no education at all" - Aristotle
New Caney Elementary's counseling program goal is to provide a comprehensive and developmental program that reaches all students. We believe that a school counselor is a professional advocate for all students, who works together with staff, parents and the community to facilitate the academic, personal/social and career development of students by empowering them to maximize their potential both academically and socially.
It is the mission of the School Counseling Program at New Caney Elementary to recognize and respect the unique qualities of each student as we guide them toward academic, social, and career success. Our ultimate goal is to provide our students with the skills necessary to become life-long learners and productive members of society. We will achieve this by collaborating with educators, students, families, and members of the community to address obstacles to learning.