Extracurricular and Student Organization Activities
Extracurricular/Cocurricular activities, practices and competitions will be conducted following safety protocols provided by NCISD, the University Interscholastic League (UIL), and the Texas Education Agency (TEA). This will include but is not limited to health screening, group sizes, sharing and sanitizing of equipment, and locker room usage.
- Students involved in athletics must be on campus learners in order to fully participate in those activities both inside and outside normal school hours. (updated Dec. 15)
- Cheerleaders may travel to away varsity football games as allowed.
- Restrooms will be available for handwashing and hand sanitizer will be available in all facilities. Equipment will be sanitized on a regular basis.
- Locker room use will follow TEA and UIL guidelines. All locker room space will be utilized to follow social distancing guidelines.
- Bus travel will follow transportation guidelines provided by NCISD and TEA.
- Spectator attendance at games and contests will be limited based on TEA and UIL guidelines. Spectator seats may be marked and/or configured in a way to facilitate social distancing. Venue capacity will all be 50 percent.
- Ticketing for events will be sold online in order to limit hand to hand contact and also limit capacity of facilities - parents & students will receive priority.
- Separate entrances and exits may be utilized and event doors may be propped open to minimize physical contact with handles and to minimize face-to-face interactions.
- Concessions and/or concession sales may be limited to encourage social distancing and to follow health and safety guidelines and to minimize face-to-face interactions.
- Football pre-game activities - senior night, homecoming, etc. - will be in a format to minimize face-to-face interactions.
- School-wide, indoor pep-rallies will not be held during the fall semester.
Protocols for athletics:
- Practice and games - face masks are to be worn at all times by coaches and players unless the player is actively engaged in competition.
- While on a bus masks are to be worn at all times by coaches and players; everyone will sit in assigned seats, one person per seat; no eating/drinking on the bus.
- Face masks are to be worn at all times by coaches and players in weight rooms, locker rooms, training rooms, and meeting rooms.
- Practices and workouts are organized to maximize the amount of time athletes wear face masks and socially distance.
- All practice and game clothes are washed.
- All equipment, including in the weight rooms, are regularly sanitized.