New Caney ISD Education Foundation - Our Future Is Bright Scholarship
We are excited to offer the opportunity to apply for the New Caney ISD Education Foundation Employee Scholarship in the amount of $1,000. This scholarship supports employees by offering financial assistance for future teachers and those that wish to pursue a graduate degree in the field of education. The hope of the New Caney ISD Education Foundation is that these awards enable employees to continue pursuing their dreams of inspiring students. Higher education requires a significant investment, these awards will assist with employee expenses. Selected recipients will be awarded funds for use toward tuition, fees and/or book vouchers. All funds will be sent directly to the college or university identified in the recipients application. The criteria for scholarship applicants are listed below in addition to the completion of Part 1 and Part II of the application. Links to the application can be accessed below.
*Recipients are selected by a committee composed of the NCISD Education Foundation Board of Directors and District Designees.
Requirements for Applicants:
- Must be a current full time NCISD Employee.
- Must pursue/continue a career in education through one of the following: Associate's Degree, Bachelor's Degree with Certification, Master's Degree or Certification through an Alternative Certification Program.
- Must be pursuing their education at an accredited institution, community college or university.
- Must be accepted by the school and plan to be enrolled, at minimum, as a part-time student (6 credit hours).
- Positive and Complete Recommendations/References.
- Complete Application - To include references, resume and transcripts.
- The current campus principal or department supervisor is a required reference. Other references may include teachers and/or specialists that the employee works closely with and/or former professors. Campus or department references should be able to speak to the employee’s talents and abilities regarding their work.
Requirements for Scholarship Recipients:
- Must submit a copy of the tuition bill or invoice prior to scholarship funds being released to chosen university or college. (Note: Scholarship recipient is responsible for any fees that exceed the $1,000 award).
- Must complete the Scholarships Award Form by deadline.
- In the event the scholarship recipient does not enter an accredited institution, community college or university, NCISD Education Foundation has the right to reserve funds and submit them back into the scholarship funding account.
- Application Part I must be submitted by July 13, 2021 to ensure references are returned by the application Part II deadline of July 21, 2021.
- If applicable, submit a Letter of Acceptance from your Alternative Certification Program.
Please contact Trina Persson - Director of Recruitment and Retention/Liaison to NCISD Education Foundation, at email@example.com with any additional questions.
Our Future is Bright - Part I
Part I should be submitted by July 13, 2021. Note: Part I references must be returned by the July 21, 2021 deadline. Please click the link below to access the form:
Scholarship Application - Now Closed
Our Future Is Bright - Part II
Part II must be submitted by July 21, 2021 at 5 p.m. Please click the link below to access the form:
Scholarship Application -Now Closed
Have a question? Please click the link below to see a list of frequently asked questions.