Parents and guardians can help to keep their child, our schools, and community healthy by:
- Observing their child for signs of illness which may include coughing, nausea/vomiting, diarrhea, fever and/or skin rash.
- Keeping sick students at home and seeking medical attention for severe illness.
- Reinforcing the importance of good hand hygiene.
- Adopting healthy practices, such as disposing of used tissues, coughing into a sleeve rather than into a hand, and not touching one’s eyes, nose, and mouth
- Keeping children home until free of fever for 24 hours (without the aid of fever reducing medication)
- Keeping children home until diarrhea free for 24 hours (without the aid of anti-diarrheal medication)
- Receiving the flu vaccine