The purpose of the KORT is to have a student centered "think tank" that will create a better understanding of and mutual respect for each other's perspectives and shared ideas for the IECHS student body. The members of KORT are accountable to the constituents they serve and shall:
- Maintain a school-wide perspective on issues;
- Act as a link between the Principal and student body;
- Encourage the engagement of students and other stakeholders within the school community; and
- Work to improve student life, student achievement and performance through transparent operations and shared best practices.
Guiding Principles or KORT Procedural Protocol:
- Solution Oriented Thinking
- Keep it REAL & Keep it HONEST
- Understanding District Policy VS School Policy
- Open Minded
- KORT is in session
KORT operates under the following tenants: Leadership, Integrity, Growth, Equal Representation, Peace, Helping Others, Cooperation, Challenge, Freedom of Speech, & Teamwork.