1. The parent/guardian submits the transfer request form online. Transfer request forms can only be accepted from the legal parent/guardian of a student. Incomplete forms may be returned and/or denied. An email address for the parent/guardian is required in order to facilitate notification of approval or denial. NCISD staff members should provide their District email address. Transfer applications for all students must have 2016-2017 discipline, attendance and grade documentation attached.
a. In-District Student Transfer Request: parents/guardians, including district employees, who reside in New Caney ISD and wish to enroll their student at a campus other than the campus they are zoned to attend.
b. Out-of-District Transfer Application
i. Staff: parents/guardians who are employees of the district and reside outside of New Caney ISD.
ii. Open Enrollment: parents/guardians who are not employees of the district who reside outside of New Caney ISD. Only students in grades 9-12 are eligible for Open Enrollment.
2. The In-District Student Transfer Request is submitted online to the home campus principal or designee for review. After reviewing the transfer criteria as it relates to the request, the principal or designee of the home campus determines whether or not the student meets the qualifying criteria for transfer, indicates their recommendation for approval or denial of the transfer request and completes the portion of the form explaining the reason for their recommendation. The form is then forwarded to the receiving principal or designee. After reviewing the transfer criteria as it relates to the request, the principal or designee of the receiving campus indicates their recommendation for approval or denial and completes the portion of the form explaining the reason for their recommendation. The form is then forwarded to the Executive Director of Student and Staff Services for final determination.
3. Out-of-District Transfer Applications is submitted online to the requested campus principal or designee. After review of the transfer criteria as it relates to the request, the principal or designee of the receiving campus should indicate their recommendation for denial or approval and complete the portion of the form explaining the reason for the recommendation. The form is the forwarded to the Executive Director of Student and Staff Services for final determination.
4. The Executive Director of Student and Staff Services will make the final determination and inform the requesting parent/guardian of approval or denial of the request via the email address provided on the application. The Executive Director of Student and Staff Services may revoke a transfer at any time for reasons that include, but are not limited to: discipline issues, excessive tardiness, late/early pickups, attendance issues, falsification of enrollment or application information and removal from a program for which the transfer was approved.
5. Transfer applications for the 2017-2018 school year will be accepted from March 1, 2017 through March 31, 2017. Final review of applications will begin in May 2017 and at that time parents/guardians will receive notification, via email, of the results. Applications submitted after March 31, 2017 may not be considered for final determination until June, 2017.
New Caney ISD will not provide transportation for transfer students.
Transfers Between Campuses - The Executive Director of Student and Staff Services shall be authorized to investigate and approve transfers between campuses.
UIL Eligibility and Participation - Eligibility for participation in UIL activities shall be determined in accordance with applicable UIL rules. No transfer shall be approved when the primary purpose for the request is participation in extracurricular activities at the receiving campus.
In-District Campus Assignments - A student entering elementary, middle school, or high school shall be assigned to the campus that serves the school attendance zones in which the student lives. Boundaries of school attendance zones shall be established by the Board and may be adjusted as deemed necessary.
Acceptable Transfer Criteria - A student may be transferred to a District school outside the student’s school attendance zone boundary based on the following reasons:
o A proper transfer application has been approved.
o The request does not alter the 22:1 student-to-teacher ratio.
Revocation – The Executive Director of Student and Staff Services may revoke a student transfer. The reasons a transfer may be revoked include, but are not limited to: truancy, discipline issues, excessive tardiness, late/early pickups, attendance issues, falsification of enrollment or application information or removal from a program for which the transfer was approved.
Before revoking a transfer, the campus principal and/or the Executive Director of Student and Staff Services shall notify the student’s parent/guardian to explain the basis for the revocation under the agreement and allow the student and/or parents to present any information they believe is relevant to the decision.
Discipline-Based Revocation - Should a transfer be revoked because a student commits an offense that would require removal to a DAEP or expulsion from school, the District shall conduct the required disciplinary proceedings and assess a term of removal or expulsion.
Appeal of the discipline decisions may be made following District policies. If the disciplinary action is upheld, revocation of the transfer agreement shall be effective when all District proceedings have been exhausted. Exhaustion of the disciplinary appeals processes shall also serve as the process to appeal revocation of the transfer agreement.
Transportation - New Caney ISD shall not provide transportation for transfer students.
Note: For transfers of students who are victims of bullying, see FDB (LEGAL). For transfers of students who attend a persistently dangerous school, become victims of a violent criminal offense, or become victims of sexual assault, see FDD.
2017-2018 Student Transfer Announcements
2017-2018 Closed Campuses
The following campuses are closed for the 2017-2018 school year:
Only students previously enrolled at the campus will be approved to remain at the campus.
2017-2018 Student Transfer Resources