A Safe Learning Environment on Every CampusNew Caney ISD is committed to safety on every campus, district facility and school bus. Safety is a top priority for New Caney ISD and we will do everything in our power to ensure the safety of our students and staff.
New Caney ISD believes that students can learn best when they are in a safe environment.Additional Resources
- Every NCISD campus has visitor screening/sign-in procedures. All campuses have security vestibules. Visitors are required to present identification and are processed through Raptor, a system that provides screening for registered sex offenders.
- A criminal background check is conducted on all NCISD volunteers and employees.
- All employees are required to wear NCISD photo identification badges.
- All students in grades six through 12 are required to wear ID badges for safety purposes.
- Minor exits/entrances are locked throughout the school day. If you notice a door unlocked that shouldn't be, please notify the front office.
- Secondary campuses have a police officer assigned to them from the District Police Department. Both high schools also have two safety officers who patrol the campus and parking lots.
- The district has a K-9 Police Officer who visits every campus throughout the school year searching for contraband.
- All campuses have video surveillance cameras on the interior of the buildings.
- NCISD utilizes an emergency notification system to communicate with staff and parents through emails, phone calls, text messages and social media.
- NCISD schools have regular safety drills throughout the school year involving both students and staff. Campuses keep a log of all practice drills.
- The district has a Crisis Management Plan that is evaluated and updated regularly.
- NCISD consults regularly with local law enforcement and first responders about school safety.
- Every other year the district participates in a district-wide security audit.