Claim and Medical Billing:
You Must Receive Treatment from an Alliance Network Medical Provider. If You Do Not, You May Be Responsible For All Medical Charges. Personal Medical Insurers May Deny Your Claim.
If the injury is an emergency or life threatening, call 911 for transport to the nearest hospital emergency room.
What to do when needing medical attention for a workers’ compensation claim!
1. If you have not already seen a school nurse please do so as soon as possible! If you are not located at a specific campus then please go to the nearest campus.
2. You must see a Doctor that is an Alliance Provider. For a full list of providers you can visit www.pswca.org
3. **IF YOU HAVE RESTRICTIONS LISTED*** After every Doctors appointment you must meet with Jessica Morris (ext. 2120) located at the Central Office and provide a copy of the 73 form that the Doctor would have given you at your appointment.
4. You must continue to follow your department’s procedures for calling in to report any absences. If you are unsure as to what your department’s procedures are please contact your supervisor.
5. If at any time you wish to change your election on the Use of Leave form, contact Jessica Morris to sign a new form. Changes will not go into effect until the new form is signed and received. (Attach blank ECA1)
6. If you have any questions regarding the specifics of your claim, contact your adjuster with the TASB Risk Management Fund at 800-482-7276.
7. **If at any time you stop receiving payroll checks from the District please contact Ronda Verron, firstname.lastname@example.org, regarding those premiums payments.